How to create a Mood Board online
Get a design concept that fits the direction, personality, and image of our product!
Preparing for a mood board is an important task for a designer.👩🎨
It is an activity to show the design concept and image strongly related to the product direction. Of course, if you already have a proven concept, you do not need to go through this step.
Usually you need to draw this at the early stage of the project.
Once you have the mood board, you can update whenever you need.
So we recommend you to put everything on one board.
This is the easiest way to catch up the mood board evolution.
The process of making a mood board
- Gather all the items(Image, Text, Pictures and Music) that can give you an inspiration.
- Gather recent information related to the user group and your competitors.
- Work closely with your team members and organize ideas, make the product design concept.
- Discuss on any idea such as colors, fonts, images or illustrations, and sketch.
Organize and conceptualize
- Review the idea sketch and discuss the design concept
- Organize the mood board with all the items we already have on the board
- Use the mood board and share the design concept with your team members
It must be easy to be shown too complicated because you have to deal with much information.
Effective ways to organize your Mood board
- Organize Logically
- Emphasize an important item with bold or different size fonts.
- Have a similar tone and manner.
- Use concrete and simple sentences.