UX research Interview
A complete guide from research preparation
As an UX engineer, it is extremely important to listen to your users all the time if you want to design a good product. However doing an interview for user research and validation is not easy at all.
You need to plan an entire process properly for your research journey(do, analyze, share and reflect)and organize things more effectively and easily.
User research process
- Set up a goal of interview
- Find the right interviewee regarding to your persona and data
- Schedule interview date and time
- Write interview scripts. Prepare for questions and prepare for prototypes to validate
Do (3 roles are needed)
- Moderator: Do the interview based on the script. Be flexible as the conversation goes.
- Observer and Scripter: Write a meeting log and memo what they observe
during the meeting. Emphaize the insight you find.
Share your insights
- Share the results with product team members
- Organize 4 types of insight
- New findings
- Improvements we need to take
- User’s important needs
- Organize items to revisit later
Use sticky notes, shapes and pads to organize your important insights from the interview so that you can revisit the contents later easily.
We recommend your team to use one board for your entire contents so that you can find them later in no time.
When there are a lot more contents than you expected, you can have some spaces in between groups of pads